Tuesday, December 23, 2008

This Morning...

The alarm sounded so loud this morning. It was another late night for me and the morning comes so fast. I know that I am going to be tired in the mornings but there is just something about the night time hours that I find my center. I find that moment of peace that I am looking for.

Mornings seem so confusing; my mind usually is racing a mile a minute. How is it after a nights sleep my mind is so cloudy in the morning. And yet the nighttime hours my mind is at peace. That moment when the world is asleep and the stars are watching over us.

As I sit at my desk this morning and reflect upon my life. I decide this morning to go visit a local Starbucks with my laptop and do some reflecting. When my mind is racing like it is now, putting those thoughts into words seems to help end the race, and clear my mind.

Sitting here at the Starbucks, I can smell the fresh coffee and the slow pace of the morning world. There are so many things that annoy me about mornings. I know I am certainly not a morning person and doubt I will ever be. I have such distain for people who have to have their morning coffee before they can deal with the world and yet I sit in the very place that this behavior is brewed, no pun intended.

As I people watch here at Starbucks with my newly purchased snobby macbook, I wonder how many of these Starbuckians are actually real. You know, is the tree hugger, (RED), I am green act true or is it all just a bullshit image thing? It just seems comical to me at times.

Anyway, I don’t know why the ramble this morning, I just wish more people were true to them self I guess and didn’t try to fit into some image. You are who you are at the end of the day and no coffee shop can change that.

1 comment:

J. Renee Hyzy said...

This comment left by "The Fans of Lec Group," who demand, an updated post or will flee from your loyal followership.